Thank you for your interest in Siena Academy!
Below you will find answers to many frequently asked questions about admission to Siena Academy. Feel free to call or email us with any further questions. We look forward to getting to know you and your child.
1. Submit Inquiry Form: If you are interested in finding out more about our school or considering applying, please submit an inquiry form here. (Please note that children over the age of 4 will be considered on an exception basis unless they have previously attended a Montessori school.)
2. Open House for Parents: The parent visit consists of an introductory talk by the Head of School, a school tour, and an observation of the environment. These tours and observations take place during the morning work period; therefore, your child will not accompany you. Both parents are asked to attend. Please allow 1 ½ hours for this initial visit.
3. Submit the application: Please note that there is a mandatory parent visit prior to submitting an application. The school considers the submission of an application to be an indication of the family’s willingness to embrace the Montessori philosophy and methodology that was witnessed and explained during the visit. After the Open House and careful discernment regarding the Montessori choice for your family, please complete the application and submit with a $100 application fee per child.
4. Child Visit: After receiving your application, you will be contacted to set up your child’s visit.
- Toddler visits take place between 1:00-3:00pm.
- Primary visits take place at 3:30pm.
- Elementary visits consist of a shadow day. Your child will be dropped off to spend a full morning from 8:15-11:30 in the classroom.
5. Parent Interview: Parents will be asked to view a parent education video that discusses various Montessori topics prior to their interview. This video will be a starting point for the discussion.
6. Admission Decision: Offers of enrollment are made on an individual basis after taking into consideration the class structure and the program needs. Admission decisions will be mailed by the middle of March.
Tuition and Financial Assistance 2023-2024
- Payment in full: Tuition must be received in full by close of business on May 31,
2023 or a contract must be in place through FACTS. Partial payments are not
acceptable unless approved by the Head of School.
- Monthly Payments via direct debit from a checking or savings account: Participation in the FACTS payment plan is required. This incurs a $45 FACTS enrollment fee. Tuition will be paid in 10 monthly installments, from July 2023 to April 2024, deducted on the 20th of every month. Families will not pay greater than the total tuition listed. Families using FACTS must register online by May 31, 2023.
Financial assistance is available and we do our best to meet the needs of each family. In order to be eligible for financial assistance, you must apply via FACTS.